Dated: 7 December 2016
PLEASE READ THIS POLICY CAREFULLY BEFORE USING OUR WEBSITE OR APP
Weav Music Limited ("we", "us" or "our") is committed to protecting and respecting your privacy.
SCOPE OF POLICY
This policy applies to your use of:
- the website www.weav.io (with subsites such as run.weav.io), including all content and services made available on that website (the "Website"); and
- the desktop and/or mobile software applications known as 'WEAV Mixer' and 'WEAV Run', including all content and services made available on these software applications (the "App(s)").
This policy sets out the basis on which any personal data we collect from you, or that you provide to us, will be processed by us. Please note that this does not apply to, and therefore does not restrict our use and disclosure of, any non-personal data (i.e. data which does not identify a living individual).
Please read the following carefully to understand our views and practices regarding your personal data and how we will treat it. For the purpose of Data Protection Act 1998, the data controller is Weav Music Limited, a company registered in England and Wales (No. 10073414) with its registered office address at Studio 1, Clink Wharf, Clink Street, London SE1 9DG, United Kingdom.
INFORMATION WE MAY COLLECT FROM YOU
We may collect and process the following data about you:
- Information that you provide by filling in forms on the Website or an App, including when you create an account on the Website or an App, sign up to our mailing lists or correspond with us (for example, by e-mail). The information you give us may include your name, address, e-mail address, phone number, age, musical tastes, username, password and other registration information, profession, personal description and photograph.
- Information we collect about you and your device. Each time you visit the Website or an App we may automatically collect the following information:
- technical information about the computer, mobile telephone or handheld device ("Device") you use, including the type of Device, a unique device identifier (for example, your Device's IMEI number, the MAC address of the Device's wireless network interface, or the mobile phone number used by the Device), mobile network information, your mobile operating system, the type of mobile browser you use, time zone setting;
- information stored on your Device, including contact information, friends lists, login information, photos, videos or other digital content, check ins;
- details of your use of the Website and App and the resources that you access; or
- information about your location, such as the IP address of the Device.
USES MADE OF THE INFORMATION
We use information held about you in the following ways:
- To provide you with information, products or services that you request from us or which we feel may interest you, where you have consented to be contacted for such purposes.
- To ensure that the Website and App is presented in the most effective manner for you and your Device.
- To improve the Website and the Apps, including to ensure the Website and App are safe and secure.
- To conduct competitions or promotions.
- To notify you about changes to the Website and the Apps.
We may also use your information for other purposes not listed above which will be made clear to you at the time we collect that information.
DISCLOSURE OF YOUR INFORMATION
We may disclose your personal data to any member of our group, which means our subsidiaries, our ultimate holding company and its subsidiaries.
We may share your information with selected third parties including:
- To our business partners, licensees, consultants, contractors and content and service providers for the performance of any contract we enter into with them or you, including providers of support services, development services, legal and accounting services, advertising and promotion agencies.
- Advertisers and advertising networks that require the data to select and serve relevant advertisements to you and others.
- Analytics and search engine providers that assist us in the improvement and optimisation of the Website and the Apps.
We may also disclose your personal data to particular third parties in the following circumstances:
- In the event that we sell or buy any business or assets, in which case we may disclose your personal data to the prospective seller or buyer of such business or assets.
- If we or substantially all of our assets are acquired by a third party, in which case personal data held by it about its customers will be one of the transferred assets.
- If we are under a duty to disclose or share your personal data in order to comply with any legal or regulatory obligation or request.
- In order to protect our rights, property or safety, and those of our customers or others.
If you do not want us to process your personal data, you can:
- ask us not to do so by emailing us at firstname.lastname@example.org, although this may result in your inability to use all or part of the Website or Apps;
- click the 'unsubscribe' link which is contained in all marketing materials (although this will not prevent us using your information for non-marketing purposes); or
- in respect of cookies, delete or decline cookies by
changing your browser settings (for more details information on this, see our Cookies Policy).
WHERE WE STORE YOUR PERSONAL DATA
All information you provide to us is stored on our secure servers in the Republic of Ireland.
Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we will use commercially reasonable efforts, we cannot guarantee the security of your personal data transmitted via the internet. Any transmission is at your own risk. Once we have received your personal data, we will use strict procedures and security features to try to prevent unauthorised access.
We restrict access of your personal data to those employees and consultants of Weav Music Limited who have a business reason for knowing such information. We maintain physical, electronic and procedural safeguards that comply with the relevant laws and regulations to protect your personal data from any unauthorised access.
Where we have given you (or where you have chosen) a password that enables you to access certain parts of the Website or the Apps, you are responsible for keeping this password confidential. We ask you not to share a password with anyone.
By registering with us on the Website as a musician, music lover or app developer, you are giving us your consent to process your personal data and contact you for marketing purposes. You can exercise your right to stop such processing at any time by contacting us at email@example.com.
The Website or App may, from time to time, contain links to and from the websites of third parties, our partner networks, advertisers and affiliates (including, but not limited to, websites on which the Website or App are advertised). If you follow a link to any of these websites, please note that these websites and any services that may be accessible through them have their own privacy policies and that we do not accept any responsibility or liability for these policies or for any personal data that may be collected through these websites or services, such as contact and location data. Please check these policies before you submit any personal data to these websites or use these services.